Extra thick and extra soft, these gluten-free pumpkin cookies are rolled in pumpkin pie sugar and baked to delicious golden perfection. The best part of all – you only need one bowl and no cookie dough chilling time!
- 1 cup (227g) vegan salted butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups (300g) brown sugar
- ½ cup (113g) pumpkin puree
- ⅓ (83g) cup applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cups (288g) gluten-free flour 1:1 baking blend
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
- Combine the softened butter, brown sugar, pumpkin puree, applesauce, and vanilla extract into a medium mixing bowl and mix together until fully combined and smooth.
- Add in the flour, 2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cream of tartar (if using) and mix until a soft cookie dough forms. Note: the cookie dough will be sticky, that’s okay.
- With a large 3-tbsp cookie scoop, scoop the cookie dough and gently roll each ball in the pumpkin pie spice sugar. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until the edges are a light golden brown and the center appears slightly underbaked. Remove from the oven, firmly tap the tray on the counter a few times, and allow to fully cool on the baking tray. Enjoy!
- Store leftover cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days or frozen for up to 6 months.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 12 Minutes
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten free pumpkin cookies, pumpkin cookies, dairy free pumpkin cookies, vegan pumpkin cookies, pumpkin cookie recipe, pumpkin sugar cookies, gluten free pumpkin cookie recipe