Thick, chewy, and loaded with all the chocolate chips, this easy gluten-free and vegan chocolate chip cookie cake is the perfect dessert to celebrate a birthday or any other special occasion. Topped with frosting swirls and fun sprinkles, everyone will want a second slice of this simple show-stopping sweet treat.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
- ¾ cup (170g) vegan salted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup (200g) brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons (45ml) applesauce *can sub 1 flax egg or 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cup (280g) gluten-free flour 1:1 baking blend *can sub all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup (30g) cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 ½ cups (240g) vegan chocolate chips
- ¼ cup (57g) vegan salted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup (90g) powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- optional: pink food color
- optional: sprinkles *gluten-free and/or vegan if needed
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and prepare an 8-inch round cake pan with non-stick baking spray and parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or large mixing bowl with electric beaters, cream the butter and sugar together on high for 2 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Add in the applesauce (or egg if using) and vanilla extract and mix until smooth and combined.
- Add in the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt and mix on low until a dough forms.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the chocolate chip cookie dough in the prepared pan, top with additional chocolate chips if desired, and bake for 18-23 minutes or until the edges are a light golden brown and a toothpick comes out of the center with a few moist crumbs.
- Remove from the oven and allow it to fully cool in the pan before removing and decorating.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or large mixing bowl with electric beaters, cream the butter on high speed for 5 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Add in the icing sugar, vanilla extract, and salt and mix on low until combined.
- Add in the food coloring (if using) and turn the mixer up to high and allow it to beat for 5 minutes.
- Decorate as you desire. I used a Wilton 1M piping tip to pipe frosting rosettes along the top border edge and topped with sprinkles. Enjoy!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days or frozen for up to 6 months.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 23 Minutes
- Category: Cakes, Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten-free chocolate chip cookie cake, vegan chocolate chip cookie cake, chocolate chip cookie cake, giant chocolate chip cookie, dairy-free chocolate chip cookie cake, birthday cookie cake, egg-free chocolate chip cookie cake