Ooey gooey: two words that go straight to my heart. And these gluten-free dairy-free pistachio Rice Krispie treats are an ooey gooey flavorful twist on the classic no-bake treat.
Note: This post contains affiliate links to which I earn a small commission, but don’t worry there’s no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting CAKED by Katie.
The Best Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free Pistachio Rice Krispie Treats
Butter, marshmallows, Rice Krispies, and pistachios. What’s not to love about that award-winning sweet and salty combination? A thick, bakery-style Rice Krispie treat, this recipe comes together in 5 minutes and you’ll only need 1 bowl and a microwave. You’re welcome. With a delicious twist on the classic Rice Krispie marshmallow square, you’re going to be head over heels in love.
Pistachio Rice Krispie Treats Ingredients & Substitutions
As always this recipe is gluten-free and dairy-free. That said, I do test each recipe with “regular” ingredients and make notes of alternatives or swaps so that everyone can enjoy it.
Here are a few key ingredients for these cookies but make sure you scroll all the way to the bottom recipe card for the complete ingredient list.
Gluten-Free Rice Krispies: I had always assumed Rice Krispies were naturally gluten-free, but turns out that’s not true so double-check to make sure you have certified gluten-free Rice Krispies if you are celiac or gluten-intolerant. Otherwise, the regular kind will work just fine. Puffed rice cereal would also work.
Dairy-Free Butter: I enjoy baking with Becel plant-based bricks but any dairy-free/vegan butter substitute will work. Coconut oil would also work. Use regular salted butter if you are not vegan or dairy-free.
Mini Marshmallows: 10 cups may seem like a lot, but trust me when I say it’s the perfect marshmallow to Rice Krispie ratio. If you are vegan you can sub vegan marshmallows like Dandies.
Almond Extract: Not essential for these treats but it certainly enhances the pistachio flavor. You can swap it with vanilla extract instead or omit it.
Pistachio Pudding Mix: Essential to these no-bake squares. Double-check the brand you are using to make sure it’s gluten-free and dairy-free/vegan. I like using Jell-O.
White Chocolate: Pascha is my favorite dairy-free white chocolate but Enjoy Life also has dairy-free white chocolate chips. If you are not dairy-free or vegan, use regular white chocolate.
How To Ensure Rice Krispie Treat Success
Let’s double-check all our no-bake Krispie treat bases to ensure we have the most incredible life-changing gluten-free and dairy-free pistachio Rice Krispie treats.
- Measure Everything First: Because these are extra ooey gooey marshmallowy and come together so darn quick you’ll want to have everything measured out and ready to go when you start.
- Prepared Pan: Sticky, in the best way possible, make sure the pan is prepared with non-stick baking spray and parchment paper for easy removal.
- Be Gentle: In everything, be gentle. Gently stir the ingredients together and, again, very gently spread the Rice Krispie treats into the pan. Don’t pack them down, a gentle press down to even the top is sufficient.
Step By Step Instructions
Step 1: In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter and 8 cups of marshmallows and microwave on high for 1 minute. Remove from the microwave and stir. Return to the microwave for 1 more minute.
Step 2: Add in the Rice Krispies, pistachio pudding mix, salt, and almond extract and gently stir until fully melted and combined.
Step 3: Stir in the remaining 2 cups of marshmallows and chopped pistachios and gently fold until just combined.
Step 4: Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and gently spread evenly.
Step 5: Top with melted white chocolate and finely chopped pistachios if desired. Allow cooling to room temperature (approximately 30-40 minutes) before serving.
How To Store Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Pistachio Rice Krispie Treats
Store these sinfully scrumptious pistachio Rice Krispie treats in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 7 days. I do not recommend chilling or freezing these treats because they will become rock solid and lose that amazing ooey gooey factor.
Pro Tips, Tricks, & FAQs
Can I substitute a different instant pudding mix?
Absolutely! Pick whatever flavor of instant pudding mix you like! Just ensure the quantity is the same as listed below on the recipe card.
Can I Double This Recipe?
Double it. Triple it. Heck, you could even quadruple it!
Help! Everything Is So Sticky!
Because these are the most ooey gooey of marshmallow Rice Krispie treats, stickiness is inevitable. Ensure your pan is properly prepared ahead of time with non-stick baking spray and parchment paper for easy removal.
For instance, I will also give my hands a quick spray with the non-stick baking spray when I gently press the treats down in the pan to prevent my hands from sticking. Works like a charm!
Can I Make This In a 9×13 Pan?
Yes, you can absolutely make this recipe as is in a 9×13-inch pan. As a result, you’ll end up with more Rice Krispie squares because they will be thinner.
The Easiest Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Pistachio Rice Krispie Treats
Ooey gooey and loaded with sweet marshmallows and salty pistachios, these easy 5-minute microwave Rice Krispie treats will become a new family favorite. Gluten-free and dairy-free, no-bake pistachio Rice Krispie squares are sweet and salty in every single scrumptious bite.
I would love to know if you make these perfect pistachio treats. If you do, tag me on social media @cakedbykatie and leave this recipe a 5-star rating and review below. I can’t wait to see it!
Other No-Bake Recipes To Try
- No-Bake Nanaimo Bar Cheesecake (GF & V)
- Mint Nanaimo Bars (GF & V)
- Cookie Butter Bars (V)
- Confetti Squares
- White Chocolate Cranberry Fudge (GF & V)
- Salted Caramel Peanut Fudge
- Butterscotch Rice Krispie Bars (GF)
- Pistachio Financiers (require baking) – Ai Made It For You
Pistachio Rice Krispie Treats (Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free)
- Total Time: 10 Minutes
- Yield: 16 Squares 1x
- Diet: Gluten Free
The ultimate in ooey gooey, these gluten-free and dairy-free Pistachio Rice Krispie Treats are the perfect combination of sweet and salty.
Pistachio Rice Krispie Treats
- ½ cup (113g) dairy-free salted butter, room temperature
- 10 cups (450g) mini marshmallows, divided (8cups/2cups)
- 6 cups (192g) gluten-free Rice Krispies
- 1 package (99g) instant pistachio pudding mix
- ½ cup (50g) pistachios, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- optional: dairy-free white chocolate, melted
- optional: finely chopped pistachios
- Prepare an 8×8-inch baking pan with non-stick baking spray and parchment paper.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter and 8 cups of mini marshmallows and cook on high heat for 1 minute. Remove from the microwave and gently stir.
- Cook the butter and marshmallow mixture for one more minute in the microwave. Remove from the microwave and gently stir until entirely melted.
- Add in the Rice Krispies, instant pistachio pudding mix, salt, and almond extract and gently stir until combined.
- Gently fold in the remaining 2 cups of mini marshmallows and chopped pistachios until just combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and very gently press evenly.
- Top with melted white chocolate and additional chopped pistachios if desired.
- Allow to fully cool before slicing. Enjoy!
- Store leftover treats in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 7 days.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 5 Minutes
- Category: Squares
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: rice krispie treats, pisatchio rice krispie treats, gluten-free pistachio rice krispie treats, dairy-free pistachio Rice Krispie treats, vegan pistachio rice krispie treats, pistachio Rice Krispies, no-bake pistachio Rice Krispie squares
These were the tastiest rice krispie treat I’ve ever made. I’m literally making another batch this week for St. patricks’ Day.
Yay! They’ll be a perfect treat for St. Patrick’s Day!