The cutest pink cherry chip cookies loaded with maraschino cherries and white chocolate chips. Such a fun and simple recipe for a Valentine’s Day sweet treat.
Cherry Chip Cookies
- ½ cup (113g) salted vegan butter, room temperature
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- ¼ cup (59ml) vegan milk, room temperature
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 ¾ cup (210g) gluten-free baking blend flour *
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum **
- 1 cup (175g) maraschino cherries, chopped
- 1 cup (240g) vegan white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and prepare two large cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or in a large mixing bowl with electric beaters, cream the butter and sugar together on high for 2 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Add in the milk and almond extract and mix on high for another 2 minutes.
- Add in the flour, xanthan gum (if using), baking soda, cornstarch, and salt and turn the mixer on low and allow it to mix until a dough forms.
- Add in the chopped maraschino cherries and white chocolate chips and mix until just combined.
- With a medium 1.5 tablespoon scoop, scoop the cookie dough and place it on the prepared cookie sheet approximately 2 inches apart from each other.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the edges are a light golden brown and the center of the cookie appears to be just slightly underbaked.
- Remove from the oven and, with a butter knife or spoon, gently push any melted white chocolate or cherry bits back to form a perfectly round cookie if desired. Allow the cookies to cool on the cookie sheets fully. Enjoy!
- Store leftover cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 7 days or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
* Check to see if the gluten-free flour blend contains xanthan gum.
** Omit xanthan gum if your gluten-free flour blend already contains it or if you are using regular all-purpose flour.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 183
- Sugar: 19 Grams
- Sodium: 187 Miligrams
- Fat: 8 Grams
- Saturated Fat: 3 Grams
- Trans Fat: 1 Gram
- Carbohydrates: 26 Grams
- Fiber: 1 Gram
- Protein: 2 Grams
- Cholesterol: 14 Miligrams
Keywords: cherry chip cookies, cherry chip cookie recipe, gluten free cherry chip cookies, vegan cherry chip cookies