Perfectly soft and chewy these gluten-free gingersnaps are a holiday favorite. Easy to make and perfect for sharing. There’s even a vegan option too.
- 3/4 cup (170g) dairy-free salted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature *can sub 1 flax egg
- 1/2 cup (160g) fancy molasses
- 2 1/2 cups (300g) gluten-free 1:1 baking blend
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground clove
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- optional: 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar for rolling
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and prepare two large cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or in a large mixing bowl with electric beaters, cream the butter and sugar together on high for 2 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg (or flax egg) and molasses and mix again on high for another 2 minutes.
- Add in the remaining ingredients (except for the rolling sugar if using) and turn the mixer on low and allow to mix until a dough forms.
- With a 1½ tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop the gingersnap cookie dough and roll each ball in the granulated sugar if desired.
- Place on the prepared cookie sheet approximately 2 inches apart from each other and bake for 10 minutes or until the edges are set and the center of the cookie appears to be slightly underbaked.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to fully cool on the cookie sheets. Enjoy!
- Store leftover cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 7 days or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 110
- Sugar: 9 Grams
- Sodium: 166 Miligrams
- Fat: 5 Grams
- Saturated Fat: 3 Grams
- Unsaturated Fat: 1 Gram
- Trans Fat: 0 Grams
- Carbohydrates: 16 Grams
- Fiber: 1 Gram
- Protein: 1 Grams
- Cholesterol: 18 Miligrams
Keywords: gluten free gingersnaps, gluten free gingersnap cookies, dairy free gingersnaps, dairy free gingersnap cookies, gingersnaps, gingersnap cookies, vegan gingersnaps, vegan gingersnap cookies