Thick and chewy bakery-style gluten-free and dairy-free chocolate chip cookies loaded with two different kinds of chocolate. An easy one-bowl recipe for the most tender and delicious cookies you’ll ever eat. This will become your new go-to chocolate chip cookie recipe.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 ¼ cups (360g) gluten-free flour *
- ½ tablespoon coarse sea salt
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum **
- ¾ cup (170g) dairy-free salted butter, softened
- 1 cup (150g) brown sugar, firmly packed
- ⅓ cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg + 1 large egg yolk, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1½ cups (270g) dairy-free semi-sweet chocolate chips & chunks ***
- Combine the gluten-free flour, coarse sea salt, cornstarch, baking soda, and xanthan gum (if using) in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the softened butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar and mix together until smooth.
- Add in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract and mix again until fully combined and smooth.
- Pour the dry ingredients from step 1 in and mix them together.
- Add in the chocolate chips and chocolate chunks and mix until combined.
- Cover the cookie dough with plastic wrap and allow to chill in the fridge for at least 2-3 hours. I highly recommend chilling overnight for the best results.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and prepare two large cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a large (3 tablespoon) cookie scoop, scoop the chilled cookie dough onto the cookie sheets approximately 3 inches apart and make sure to leave each cookie dough ball round. Do not press down or flatten.
- Bake for approximately 12-13 minutes or until the edges are a light golden brown and the centers appear to be slightly underbaked. Allow the cookies to cool for 10 minutes on the cookie sheets and then remove them to a cooling rack to finish cooling. Enjoy!
- Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week or frozen for up to 6 months.
* Check to see if the gluten-free flour blend contains xanthan gum.
** Omit xanthan gum if the gluten-free flour blend already contains it or if using regular flour.
*** You can use whatever kind of chocolate you desire in this recipe. Chips, chunks, semi-sweet, dark, whatever you prefer.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 13 Minutes
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 316
- Sugar: 22 Grams
- Sodium: 188 Miligrams
- Fat: 15 Grams
- Saturated Fat: 11 Grams
- Unsaturated Fat: 3 Grams
- Trans Fat: 0 Grams
- Carbohydrates: 37 Grams
- Fiber: 2 Grams
- Protein: 3 Grams
- Cholesterol: 24 Miligrams
Keywords: gluten-free chocolate chip cookies, gluten-free chocolate chip cookie recipe, dairy free chocolate chip cookies, dairy-free chocolate chip cookie recipe, gluten free dairy free chocolate chip cookie recipe, bakery style chocolate chip cookies