Rich chocolate gluten-free mini egg brownies with a chewy fudgy center and crisp edges. Covered in chopped mini eggs, these easy-to-make brownies are the perfect chocolate Easter treat!
Mini Egg Brownies
- ½ cup (113g) salted butter
- ½ cup (160g) honey
- ½ cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup (80g) cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup (47g) gluten-free flour blend *
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon xanthan gum **
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (200g) mini eggs, chopped
Mini Egg Brownies
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF and prepare an 8×8 baking pan with non-stick baking spray and parchment paper.
- In a small pot over medium heat, combine the butter, honey, and sugar together until fully melted and smooth. Remove from the heat.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or in a large mixing bowl with electric beaters, whip the eggs on high speed until lightened in colour and fluffy. This should take approximately 2-3 minutes.
- With the mixer or beaters on low, slowly pour in the melted mixture from step 2. Mix until combined.
- Add in the cocoa powder and mix on low until fully combined. Scape down the edges of the bowl with a spatula when needed.
- Add in the flour, cornstarch, salt, xanthan gum (if using), and baking soda and again mix until combined.
- Spread the brownie batter into the prepared baking pan with an offset spatula. Top with chopped mini eggs.
- Bake for approximately 20-23 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out with moist crumbs. The edges should be set but the center should appear slightly underbaked.
- Remove from the oven and allow to fully cool in the pan before slicing into 16 squares. Enjoy!
- Store any leftover brownies in an airtight container at room temperature or in the fridge for up to 7 days or frozen for up to 6 months.
* Can swap gluten-free flour for regular all-purpose flour (omit xanthan gum if using regular flour)
** Omit xanthan gum if the gluten-free flour blend you are using already contains it.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Category: Squares
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Brownie
- Calories: 283
- Sugar: 22 Grams
- Sodium: 140 Miligrams
- Fat: 16 Grams
- Saturated Fat: 9 Grams
- Unsaturated Fat: 4 Grams
- Trans Fat: 1 Gram
- Carbohydrates: 31 Grams
- Fiber: 3 Grams
- Protein: 4 Grams
- Cholesterol: 80 Miligrams
Keywords: gluten-free mini egg brownies, gluten-free mini egg brownie recipe, mini egg brownies, mini egg brownie recipe