This vegan and gluten-free strawberry oreo cake will hit all the cake craving spots and then some! Vanilla cake layers packed full of Oreos and covered in the best whipped strawberry buttercream you’ll ever eat. It would make a scrumptious Valentine’s Day dessert or sweet treat for the Oreo lover in your life.
- ⅔ cup (160g) vegan salted butter, room temperature
- 1 ¼ cup (250g) granulated sugar
- ¼ cup (60ml) vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup (65 ml) aquafaba, room temperature *
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups (320g) gluten-free flour 1:1 baking blend **
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum ***
- ¾ cup (180ml) vegan milk, room temperature ****
- 15 (170g) gluten-free Oreos, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF degrees and spray and parchment line three 6-inch round cake pans.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer and with the flat beater attachment, cream the butter, granulated sugar, and vegetable oil on high for 5 minutes.
- Add in the aquafaba and vanilla extract and mix on high for another 2 minutes.
- Add in the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and xanthan gum and turn the mixer on low.
- As the mixer is on low slowly pour in the milk and allow the batter to mix until just combined. Be careful to not overmix the batter. Scrape the sides of the bowl when necessary.
- Add the chopped Oreos into the cake batter and combine with a spatula until just incorporated.
- Divide the cake batter evenly into the three prepared cake pans and bake for approximately 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs and the cake edges begin to pull away from the cake pans.
- Allow the cake layers to cool for 10 minutes and then invert them on a cooling rack to fully cool.
In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment cream the butter on high speed until light and fluffy. This should take approximately 10 minutes.
Add in the icing sugar, vanilla extract, and salt and mix on low until combined.
- Add in 1 cup of strawberry jam and mix on low until combined.
Turn the mixer up to high and let mix for 5 minutes until smooth and creamy. Scrape the sides of the bowl when necessary.
Level each fully cooled Oreo cake layer with a cake leveler or knife if needed.
Place one leveled layer of cake on a cake board, plate, and/or cake turntable and top with approximately 1½ cups of strawberry buttercream.
- Pipe a buttercream border around the edge and fill with approximately 2 tablespoons of strawberry jam if desired.
- Repeat with the remaining layers and apply a thin coat of buttercream over the entire cake. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
Cover the cake with a final layer of buttercream and smooth the sides with a cake smoother.
Decorate the cake as you please. I placed a glittery sugar sprinkle border around the bottom edge of the cake. To do so, pour some sprinkles in your hand, and very gently with the bottom edge of your palm, press the sprinkles against the cake. I topped the cake with buttercream swirls using a Wilton 1M piping tip and placed an oreo between each swirl. Enjoy!
- Store leftover cake in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
* aquafaba can be replaced with ¼ cup of vegan yogurt or sour cream. If you do not desire it to be vegan, you can use 2 large eggs at room temperature
** I used Kinnikinnick all-purpose gluten-free flour blend
*** omit xanthan gum if your gluten-free blend already contains it or if you are baking with regular cake flour
*** I used unsweetened almond milk
- Prep Time: 60 Minutes
- Cook Time: 35 Minutes
- Category: Cake
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 683
- Sugar: 58 Grams
- Sodium: 505 Miligrams
- Fat: 40 Grams
- Saturated Fat: 28 Grams
- Unsaturated Fat: 7 Grams
- Trans Fat: 2 Grams
- Carbohydrates: 72 Grams
- Fiber: 3 Grams
- Protein: 6 Grams
- Cholesterol: 126 Miligrams
Keywords: vegan and gluten free strawberry oreo cake, strawberry oreo cake, gluten free strawberry oreo cake, vegan strawberry oreo cake, oreo cake, strawberry oreo cake recipe