These melt-in-your-mouth sparkle cookies are pure magic. An easy gluten-free and vegan recipe for these delicious and fun cookies perfect for a sparkly splash of pure delight.
- 2 tablespoons (16g) cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons (80ml) water, room temperature
- 1 cup (240g) dairy-free salted butter, room temperature
- 1 ½ cups (300g) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ¾ cups (440g) gluten-free 1:1 all-purpose flour blend
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum *
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- Pink Glittery Sugar
- Rainbow Glittery Sugar
- In a small mixing bowl combine the cornstarch and water and mix together into a slurry. Set aside.
In the bowl of a stand mixer cream the butter and sugar on high for 3 minutes until light and fluffy.
Add in the cornstarch and water mixture from step 1 and the vanilla extract and mix on high for another 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl when necessary.
Add in the flour, xanthan gum, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cream of tartar to the bowl and mix on low until fully incorporated and a dough forms.
Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and allow to chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF degrees and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Pour the glittery sugar sprinkles into a bowl or Ziploc bag (read up in the post for greater detail.)
Using a 1½ tablespoon cookie scoop scoop the dough and gently roll it in your hands for a uniform ball. Place the cookie dough ball into the bowl or bag of sprinkles, cover completely, and place it onto the prepared cookie sheet. Note that the dough will still be quite soft, that’s okay!
Bake the cookies for 9-10 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden. Remove from the oven and while still hot, bang the cookie sheet against the counter.
Allow the cookies to fully cool on the cookie tray. Enjoy!
- Store leftover cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 7 days and in the freezer for up to 6 months.
* Omit xanthan gum if your gluten-free flour mix already contains it.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 121
- Sugar: 11 Grams
- Sodium: 67 Miligrams
- Fat: 6 Grams
- Saturated Fat: 3 Grams
- Unsaturated Fat: 2 Grams
- Trans Fat: 0 Grams
- Carbohydrates: 19 Grams
- Fiber: 0 Grams
- Protein: 1 Gram
- Cholesterol: 25 Miligrams
Keywords: sparkle cookies, gluten-free sparkle cookies, sparkly cookies, vegan sparkle cookie, gluten-free vegan sparkle cookies, glitter cookies, glittery cookies