An easy and delicious gluten-free and dairy-free apple bundt cake recipe using a doctored cake mix. Full of tart autumn apples and covered with the most amazing homemade toffee sauce, this simple apple bundt cake makes the perfect cozy fall dessert.
Apple Bundt Cake
- 3 large apples, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 box (approximately 500 g) white or yellow gluten-free cake mix *
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ground clove
- ¾ cup (180g) dairy-free butter, melted **
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- ¾ cup (187 ml) dairy-free milk, room temperature
- 1 cup (192 g) brown sugar
- ¾ cup (187 ml) dairy-free milk
- ½ cup (120g) dairy-free butter
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
Apple Bundt Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and generously grease a bundt cake pan with non-stick baking spray.
- Peel and roughly chop the apples. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, combine the cake mix, cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove and whisk together until combined.
- Add in the melted butter, eggs, and milk and whisk together until fully combined and smooth. Be careful not to overmix the batter which will result in a dense cake.
- Stir in the prepared apples until just combined and pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan.
- Bake for approximately 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Allow the bundt cake to cool on a cooling rack in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Place the cooling rack over the top of the bundt cake and pan and in one motion, flip them over and gently remove the cake from the pan and allow it to fully cool.
- In a medium pot combine all the ingredients and begin to heat over low.
- Once everything has melted turn the heat up to medium-high and bring it to a boil while stirring.
- Allow the toffee sauce to gently boil for 4 minutes while continuing to stir.
- Remove from the heat and pour it into a heat-proof container and allow it to cool to room temperature and thicken.
- Pour the toffee sauce over the cooled bundt cake and enjoy.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
* I used Kinnikinnick gluten-free white cake mix for this recipe
** I love to bake with Becel plant-based bricks
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Cook Time: 40 Minutes
- Category: Cakes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 441
- Sugar: 40 Grams
- Sodium: 211 Miligrams
- Fat: 23 grams
- Saturated Fat: 12 Grams
- Unsaturated Fat: 9 Grams
- Trans Fat: 0 Grams
- Carbohydrates: 58 Grams
- Fiber: 3 Grams
- Protein: 4 Grams
- Cholesterol: 84 Miligrams
Keywords: gluten-free apple bundt cake, apple bundt cake, dairy-free apple bundt cake, apple toffee bundt cake, apple bundt cake recipe, gluten-free apple bundt cake recipe, dairy-free apple bundt cake recipe