Easy gluten-free apple crisp with a layer of warm tart cinnamon-spiced apples on the bottom and topped with a crunchy caramelized oat topping. This is the perfect dessert for a family gathering or when you need a warm cozy sweet treat.
- 7 large apples, peeled, cored, and chopped*
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free flour 1:1 baking blend
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup (120ml) dairy-free milk**
- ½ cup (120g) dairy-free salted butter, melted
- 1 cup (200g) brown sugar
- 1 cup (105g) rolled oats, certified gluten-free
- 1 cup (160g) gluten-free flour 1:1 baking blend
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and prepare a 13×9 inch pan or 2.5qt baking dish.
- Combine the chopped apples, sugar, flour, and cinnamon together in a large mixing bowl. Make sure all the apples are evenly coated.
- Spread the mixture in the bottom of the prepared pan/dish.
- Evenly pour the milk over the apple mixture.
- Combine all the topping ingredients together in a large mixing bowl and stir to combine until a coarse sand-like texture is achieved.
- Spread the oat topping mixture over the prepared apples and bake for 40-45 minutes. The edges should be bubbling and caramelized and the top a golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving. Serve as is or with a scoop of dairy-free vanilla ice cream or a drizzle of caramel sauce. Enjoy!
- Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
* I prefer a tart firm apple like a Granny Smith or Honeycrisp but feel free to experiment with a combination of apple types. Chop the apples in different sizes to add yummy textures to the crisp.
** I used unsweetened almond milk, but any dairy-free alternative will work.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 45 Minutes
- Category: Cakes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 227
- Sugar: 28 Grams
- Sodium: 495 Miligrams
- Fat: 5 Grams
- Saturated Fat: 1 Gram
- Unsaturated Fat: 2 Grams
- Trans Fat: 0 Grams
- Carbohydrates: 43 Grams
- Fiber: 2 Grams
- Protein: 3 Grams
- Cholesterol: 0 Miligrams
Keywords: apple crisp, apple crisp recipe, gluten-free apple crisp, gluten-free apple crisp recipe, vegan apple crisp, vegan apple crisp recipe, easy apple crisp, easy apple crisp recipe