Easy and incredibly delicious, these sangria cupcakes are full of fresh and fruity sangria flavor. Great for a BBQ gathering or summer celebration.
- 1 ¼ cup (162.5g) all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup (150g) granulated sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. fine sea salt
- 1 cup (250ml) sangria
- ¼ cup (62.5ml) vegetable oil
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup (250ml) sangria
- ½ cup (115g) dairy-free salted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup (115g) all-vegetable shortening
- 3 cups (360g) icing sugar
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
- 2 tbsp. sangria reduction
- fruit for decor
- extra reduction for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and place 12 cupcake liners in a cupcake pan.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt and mix until combined.
- Add in the sangria, oil, egg, and vanilla extract and mix on low until just combined. Be careful to not overmix the batter. *
- Divide the batter evenly between the cupcake liners and bake for 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and allow them to cool for 10 minutes. Gently remove each cupcake from the pan and place them on a cooling rack to fully cool.
- In a small pot over medium-high heat, bring the sangria to a boil.
- Reduce the heat slightly and allow to slowly boil for approximately 20 minutes or until the volume reduces by half.
- Remove from the heat and allow it to fully cool to room temperature. **
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and shortening together on high for 5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add in the icing sugar and salt and mix on low until combined.
- Add in 2 tbsp of the sangria reduction and mix on low until combined.
- Turn the mixer to high and allow to beat for 5 minutes until light and fluffy.
SANGRIA CUPCAKE ASSEMBLY
- Place a Wilton 2D piping tip in a piping bag and frost each cupcake with a large swirl.
- Top each cupcake with some fresh fruit and a drizzle of leftover sangria reduction. Enjoy!
- Cupcakes can be stored in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
* The cupcake batter is quite runny and that’s okay for an oil-based recipe.
** Place the sangria reduction in the fridge if you want it to cool faster.
- Prep Time: 45 Minutes
- Cook Time: 17 Minutes
- Category: Cakes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Cupcake
- Calories: 345
- Sugar: 26 Grams
- Sodium: 92 Miligrams
- Fat: 18 Grams
- Saturated Fat: 10 Grams
- Unsaturated Fat: 5 Grams
- Trans Fat: 1 Gram
- Carbohydrates: 36 Grams
- Fiber: 1 Gram
- Protein: 2 Grams
- Cholesterol: 67 Miligrams
Keywords: sangria cupcakes, sangria cupcake recipe, dairy-free sangria cupcakes, dairy free sangria cupcake recipe, easy sangria cupcakes, summer sangria cupcakes