These baked and naturally sweetened Lemon Poppy Seed Donuts are light, fluffy, and totally delicious. A dairy-free healthy and fun twist on a traditional tasty donut.
Lemon Poppy Seed Donuts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp dairy-free salted butter, melted
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- ½ cup dairy-free milk, room temperature
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
Honey Lemon Glaze
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- sprinkles *
Lemon Poppy Seed Donuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and generously spray donut pan** with non-stick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, poppy seeds, baking powder, salt, and baking soda and whisk together. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the melted butter, egg, milk, honey, lemon juice, and lemon zest and mix until combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Over-mixing will result in flat dense donuts.
- Fill the donut tray ⅔ full by either spooning the batter in or using a ziplock or piping bag with the tip cut off.
- Bake for approximately 8-10 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and the edges are a light golden brown and the donut top springs back to the touch.
- Allow the donuts to cool in the pan for 5 minutes and then remove to a cooling rack to fully cool.
- In a shallow mixing bowl, combine all the glaze ingredients and whisk together until fully combined and smooth.
- Dip the top of each fully cooled donut into the glaze and allow to set on a cooling rack with a cookie sheet or parchment paper underneath to catch any of the glaze that drips off.
- Sprinkle with fun sprinkles before the glaze sets and enjoy.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 7 days but best enjoyed when fresh.
* Sprinkles are optional but a fun decoration
**Donut pan not necessary. Can be prepared in a muffin tin.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Category: Donuts
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Donut
- Calories: 169
- Sugar: 22 Grams
- Sodium: 184 Miligrams
- Fat: 3 Grams
- Saturated Fat: 1 Gram
- Unsaturated Fat: 1 Gram
- Trans Fat: 0 Grams
- Carbohydrates: 33 Grams
- Fiber: 1 Gram
- Protein: 2 Grams
- Cholesterol: 24 Miligrams
Keywords: Lemon Poppy Seed Donut Recipe, Lemon Poppy Seed Donuts, Baked Donut Recipe, Baked Lemon Poppy Seed Dobnuts, Baked lemon Poppy Seed Donut Recipe, Dairy Free Lemon Donuts, Dairy Free lemon Poppy Seed Donuts