Ooey gooey butterscotch yum. That’s what these gluten-free No-Bake Butterscotch Rice Krispie bars are and I am in love. A simple small batch no-bake recipe mixes up in a snap full of rice krispie cereal, whole grain oats, peanut butter, and maple syrup. One might even go as far as saying a fun breakfast alternative.
Note: This post contains affiliate links to which I earn a small commission, but don’t worry there’s no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting CAKED by Katie.
Took A Few Tries
I attempted this recipe several times before it matched what I had envisioned in my head. First time around, they were delicious but way too hard and brittle. Second time around, the butterscotch separated and burnt. The third time, as they say, was the charm.
The best part about this recipe is the minimal ingredients, equipment, and time needed. I made it in the microwave, but it could quickly be done on the stovetop should you be a kitchen baking purist. So grab a large microwave-friendly mixing bowl and let’s get going.
Easy to Make
Let’s begin with the maple syrup, peanut butter, and butterscotch chips in the bowl and heat them in the microwave in 30-second intervals. Give it a quick stir after each interval until it is fully melted and smooth.
Next, add in the rice krispie cereal, whole grain oats, and coarse sea salt. Mix, mix, and mix until all the dry ingredients are fully incorporated. Add in a splash of fun sprinkles, give a quick stir with a spatula, and into the prepared 9×4 inch baking pan. Let’s these ooey-gooey bars of butterscotch delight chill in the fridge for an hour or two, slice up, and enjoy!
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days. But let’s be honest…these gluten-free No-Bake Butterscotch Rice Krispie bars aren’t going to last 7 days. 😉
Are you a butterscotch fan? Check out my Sprinkle Confetti Squares!Print
Butterscotch Rice Krispie Bars (Gluten-Free)
- Total Time: 2 Hrs. 5 Min.
- Yield: 8 bars 1x
A quick and easy no-bake butterscotch rice krispie treat perfect for summer!
Butterscotch Rice Krispie Bars
- 1 ½ cups gluten-free rice krispie cereal
- ¾ cup gluten-free whole grain oats
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup butterscotch chips
- ½ cup gluten-free sprinkles
Butterscotch Rice Krispie Bars
- Spray and parchment line a 9 x 4-inch baking pan.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the maple syrup, peanut butter, and butterscotch chips in 30-second intervals, stirring between each interval until smooth and creamy.
- Add in the rice krispie cereal, whole grain oats, and salt and mix until fully combined.
- Add in the sprinkles and gently mix until just combined.
- Dump the butterscotch rice krispie treat mixture into the prepared pan and firmly press down.
- Allow to cool and set for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Cut into 8 bars and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: Chill Time - 2 Hrs.
- Category: Squares
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Square
- Calories: 241
- Sugar: 25 grams
- Sodium: 323 Miligrams
- Fat: 12 Grams
- Saturated Fat: 2 Grams
- Unsaturated Fat: 9 Grams
- Trans Fat: 0 Grams
- Carbohydrates: 42 Grams
- Fiber: 2 Grams
- Protein: 5 Grams
- Cholesterol: 0 Miligrams
Keywords: no-bake butterscotch bars, butterscotch rice krispy bars, no-bake butterscotch rice krispy bar recipe, no-bake butterscotch bar recipe
I made these with my kids and they licked the spatula and bowl clean. Super yummy and easy with kids.
I love that you made these with your kids. I’m so glad you enjoyed them!